Iron Workers at Anning-Johnson Co. are part of erecting some of the most interesting and iconic buildings in the US. We have helped to shape the skyline of many American cities.
Our ironworkers will need:
* A solid knowledge of blueprints and shop drawings, if applicable.
* Must be able to follow all company safety guidelines and safe practices.
* Install Metal Decking and accessories using blueprints and measurements.
* Installation of closure at perimeters and interiors of the building using survey marks and lines to insure proper placement.
* Solid knowledge of rigging.
* Comfort with moving metal decking and large tools at heights.
* Be willing to teach apprentices the trade, if applicable.
* Clean up of all trade related materials for a clean concrete ready floor or roof deck.
An ironworker has a lot of responsibility and accountability not only to erect and put together a building in a timely manner using heavy equipment and cranes, hoisting the metal decking overhead into place for the protection of themselves and other trades.
Iron workers must meet strict building codes and tolerances. Examples: producing a perfect weld with no flaws, keeping the building plumb, keeping the floors, roofs and closures straight in an environment where items are constantly in motion
NOTE: In the LA area wages range from $22.38 per hour for entry level apprentices to $44.75 per hour for Journeyman. Wages are determined by union scale as determined in the current collective bargaining agreement.
Anning-Johnson Co and Restec Contractors Inc are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.