Engineering Technician I
- Responsible for providing technical and mechanical support for simulationoperations at the LAC+USC sim center under the supervision of the Simulation Faculty.
- Supervise preventive maintenance of Human Patient simulators, task trainers, and any other related equipment according to manufacturers' recommendations. Monitor scheduled maintenance to ensure that equipment is operational. Work with manufacturers or vendors to correct equipment deficiencies in order to minimize downtime.
- Responsible for set-up and fidelity of the simulated learning environment, including moulage, and appropriate audio-video components.
- Programs simulator software to model simulator's physiological response to instructor specifications and operates simulator during sessions.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and contacts vendors or Simulation Faculty as needed to resolve problems. Sets up and takes down simulation laboratory equipment.
- Provides faculty educators with technical or administrative support to carry out simulation sessions.
- Organizes the placement of equipment and supplies in storerooms.Creates sign-out sheets and other record keeping methods to track inventory location and level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to interact with and work effectively with other faculty, staff, students, and vendors in a positive, helpful and cooperative working relationship.
- Clinical knowledge and experience working in a healthcare-related field such as scribe, EMT, paramedic, or other allied health professional.
- Experience with providing technical support in networking, computer hardware or software.
- Skills in operating a PC and Mac with experience in MS Office and the ability to learn additional software programs, including audiovisual and computerized simulation equipment.
- Mechanical skills to competently maintain and use equipment in the simulation center.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology
- Physical ability to lift, move, maintain and set up computer, audio-visual and simulation lab equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.34 - $30.24. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Engineering Technician I, provides technical and mechanical support for simulation operations for the Department of Emergency Medicine at LAC+USC Sim Center.
Minimum Education: Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Requires college math and physics courses. Experience as a technician in a related field with knowledge and skill in use of applicable equipment, instruments, tools and safety procedures.