Certara is hiring a Business Development Manager (BDM) for our Software division based in China focusing on driving growth for Certara’s existing and new accounts in China. The ideal candidate will be located in Shanghai, China. In this role, you will build and maintain a thorough understanding of Certara software products and service and work closely to manage and grow our existing business through our sales and distributor partners. The role requires industry knowledge including competitive landscape, customer pain points and requirements to properly position our software solutions with pharmaceutical companies and CROs.
This role requires strong initiative, self-motivation and coordination with other team members. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong sales aptitude and a willingness to lead sales and distributors.
The software BDM is responsible for seeking out new business opportunities and expanding our software penetration in the China Market. You will develop, coordinate, and implement plans designed to increase existing business and create/capture new opportunities. You will also be involved in strategic marketing and operations planning, setting objectives and identifying methods to reach those goals in conjunction with our distribution partners. You must be keenly aware of organizational growth initiatives related to the China market and target customer segments, as well as Certara’s potential to meet customer needs with our software products and services.
- Establish multiple-level contacts within assigned accounts by presenting to, consulting with, and cultivating relationships at all buying levels.
- Qualify companies and contacts to understand the customer’s key needs/challenges through identification, discovery, planning and account/customer qualifications.
- Manage and support distributors by successfully initiating client contacts, generate new leads, and follow up on assigned leads. Identify profile and aggressively pursue new clients in the life sciences industry.
- Manage and support distributors by ensuring they regularly convert and follow-up leads into sales through professional key account management.
- Develop client specific presentations and contribute to the RFP response and proposal process, developing appropriate win strategies based on your knowledge of the client.
- Work with marketing to identify market trends and help formulate lead-generation plans that will lead to new revenue generation opportunities.
- Participate in professional trade shows and clinical conferences, or the equivalent, (or as practically possible), setting up client meetings, exhibit coverage and lead generation.
- Document communication/discussions and all opportunity details in SalesForce.com to ensure a tracked record of existing correspondence and/or future next steps required.
- Gather market intelligence as input to improve offerings and communication for local market needs.
- Utilize market knowledge and industry contacts to grow the Software business in line with agreed commercial goals. This will include pursuing new product opportunities, identifying new contacts and accounts, and broadening the range of business in existing accounts.
- Manage and support distributors in order for them to meet/exceed sales quota on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Follow Certara processes and best practices for properly working Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs)
- Document all activities (phone and email outreach) within our Salesforce Lightning CRM
- 7+ years as a business development manager, preferably within the pharmaceutical and enterprise B2B SaaS industry.
- Master’s degree (in a science discipline) or advanced business degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with strong leadership skills.
- Attention to detail for capturing all sales interaction into Salesforce.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to work in a high-energy team environment.
- Experienced in the MS Office suite (Excel/Word/PPT).
- Proven track record of high level of sales performance in a competitive, dynamic market place.
- Speaks fluent English and Chinese.
- Prefer Shanghai region location.