• The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for delivering remote technical support of Pro A/V and Video Teleconferencing solutions to customers and serving as an escalation point for other technical and non-technical team members alike. The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) Level 2 can be either the initial or secondary contact point for AVI-SPL customers both internal and external.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure customers are receiving prompt and efficient technical support of ProAV and Video Conferencing solutions.
• Handle and respond to inbound phone calls, email inquiries, and escalations from Technical Support Representatives.
• Participate in On-site dispatching, technical troubleshooting and case remediation
• Maintain the TSE case load while managing other common tasks including but not limited to: Triage/root cause analysis, Dispatching field technicians, ordering parts/ issuing RMA’s
• Troubleshoot, document and issue remediation methodologies for contracted and T&M-based clients
• Provide client support to users in the operations and configuration of videoconferencing systems
• Participate as needed in prescribed training curriculum
• Follow up on open issues with escalation groups to provide feedback to customer
• May need to travel to various job sites
• Obtain/maintain industry/manufacturer hardware certifications as required
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
• Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
• Self-starter capable of working independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Excellent structured problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate time management skills with attention to detail
• Ability to troubleshoot basic AV and Video Teleconferencing issues
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years AV/Teleconferencing experience
• Minimum 2 years customer service experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of Video Teleconferencing endpoints and infrastructure
• Demonstrated knowledge of AV Control systems and integrated room peripherals is desired
• This position requires the applicant to hold industry-recognized certifications as prescribed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers).
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law