American Regent, Inc., a Daiichi Sankyo Group Company, develops, manufactures, and supplies high quality sterile injectable pharmaceutical drugs for healthcare providers, clinics, hospitals and veterinary practices across the United States and Canada. We have locations in New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania and sales territories nationwide.
Nature and Scope
The Medical Science Liaison will serve as a key information resource for field personnel and clients, providing in-depth scientific information on all American Regent products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Act as a Medical/Scientific advisor regarding approved products for all American Regent Divisions
* Provide scientific information regarding on and off-label use of company products as requested by health care providers
* Respond to drug information inquiries from customers and healthcare professionals
* Provide medical and scientific support and assist in the training of the Marketing and Sales departments.
* Review Educational programs / Grant requests from health care providers for merit and support
* Identify resources and foster relationships, training and development of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs). Interacts with KOL's in the field to obtain feedback on products, source appropriate faculty to give presentations on behalf of the company. Identify potential speakers and key opinion leaders for Speakers Bureau and Advisory Panels.
* Develop and maintain relationships with Speakers Bureau personnel
* Identify, contact, develop and maintain relations with health care providers to establish and/or further the knowledge of division's products and their appropriate use; when necessary, assist in resolving issues pertaining to that use.
* Identify educational needs and research opportunities and implement tactics to support scientific needs.
* Work with other members of Medical Affairs to develop and review scientific education materials
* Work with other members of Medical Affairs to coordinate continuing education presentations and symposia
* Work with department manager to develop and maintain strategic call plan to effectively achieve company objectives and goals
* Create PowerPoint programs for Speakers Bureau program.
* Identify key clinical meetings on local, state and national level
* Participate in special Regional and National projects e.g., team meetings, training, etc.
* Training lectures, symposia and conferences in order to maintain current license and maintain and promote Company's therapeutic area(s) expertise
* Collect and report competitive intelligence within company guidelines.
* Educate field personnel. Assist the field in calls when extensive knowledge and education is beneficial to the customer.
* Attend professional conferences at the request of management
Education Requirements and Qualifications
* PhD, Pharm. D., RN required.
* Minimum of 2 years' Medical Science Liaison experience preferred.
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
* Requires extensive understanding of the company's products, commercialization strategy, the competition, and the pharmaceutical industry in general.
* Previous anemia management, nephrology, gastroenterology, cardiology, hematology, woman's health experience preferred, but not required.
* Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to make decisions independently and with appropriate input
* Ability to take feedback constructively and consider the viewpoints of others
* Flexibility in adapting to multiple therapeutic areas interchangeably
* Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience in working with the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Must be willing to travel up to 70% of the time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
##Job Category:Clinical/Medical Affairs/Pharmacovigilance##