Our Facility Technician performs hands on operations revolving around stabilizing and treating hazardous waste. This will involve drum operations including drum movement, drum dumping, tank farm operations, and loading/unloading drums. This may also involve upkeep of the waste treatment equipment. This position is a physically intensive position that will involve equipment operations and it can be in adverse environments like heat or cold.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Manage the waste treatment equipment by oiling and changing filters
- Performs drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations and loading/unloading drums
- Operate equipment and machinery
- Operate a skid steer and forklift
- Completes paperwork for waste tracking movement
- 6+ months related work experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in adverse environments (cold/heat)
- Fork lift and DOT training preferred
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Competitive annual salary (CBPP Competency Based Pay Program)
• Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
• Health, Dental and Life Insurance
• 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
• Company paid certifications, licenses and training
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.