Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with nearly 455 million tickets sold, over 145,000 events ticketed and more than 12,000 clients in 21 countries. Live Nation Concerts has become the single largest provider of live entertainment in the world producing nearly 23,000 shows annually for over 2,700 artists in 33 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world's leading artist management companies, representing approximately 280 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 750 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the 59 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues venues provide several genres of live music from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Espaol, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
House of Blues Entertainment's Booking team, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is in search of a highly motivated, organized and most importantly, enthusiastic individual who is interested in working within the heart of the live entertainment industry. As a Live Nation Entertainment Talent Intern, you can expect to develop your multi-tasking abilities and understand the process of putting on a show from start to finish. A Talent Intern will learn project management skills as well as gain valuable, real-world experience in the live entertainment industry. This position will report to the Regional Vice President and support with contracts.
* Execute artist contracts and riders: amending agreements per LN logistics; returning to artist's agency
* Assist with artist payments: deposits, wires, settlements, and pre-settlements tasks
* Research marketing strategies for future shows. Including - but not limited to - compiling:
o affinity lists, lists of publications to advertise on, and lists of locations to flyer based on the target audience
* Identifying target demographics for individual shows to reach a directed audience(s)
* Distributing show flyers and posters in appropriate retailers per audience demographics
* Track internal and external data on excel. Including - but not limited to:
o ticket counts for upcoming shows, tour histories, finance flashes, stats on developing artists, contact logs
* Manage show files: ensuring all essential documents are present prior to day of show (i.e. headliner and support contracts, W-9s, and riders
* Research new music and music of artists currently on tour
* Make recommendations on up-and-coming talent
* Assist Regional Booking Team in day to day activities
* Develop an understanding for the relationship between Local and Tour booking, i.e. routing, venue holds, ticket scaling, and various deal types
* Manage venue calendars and track artist holds
* Update ticket counts for multiple, regional venues
* Liaise with multiple 3rd party venue promoters
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school.
* Must be eligible for school credit (and supply a letter from sponsor/administrator upon request).
* A degree in Business Administration, Management or Marketing/Communications is preferred, but not required.
* Must be able to commit to a minimum work schedule of 16 hours per week.
* Must be 18 years or older.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
* Detail-oriented and exceptional attention to detail is a MUST.
* Eager to learn and be proactive with new tasks.
* The ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
* High proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
We are currently searching for a qualified individual to fill this internship position for the Fall 2016 semester at our Live Nation office in Hollywood.
This internship MUST BE for college credit and runs the length of student's fall quarter/semester. It is a non-paid position with flexible hours (minimum 16 per week) to reflect the need of your college credit requirements.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.